About A1 Windows
Centrally located in South Burnaby, A1 Windows has been manufacturing, supplying and installing windows for over 20 years. Locally owned and operated, A1 has earned a strong reputation as a reputable company providing quality products on budget and on time. A1 Windows is BBB Accredited with an A+ rating and is the proud recipient of the Consumers Choice Award for Best in Class service for the past 11 years running.
We have a full-time job opening for a Technical Representative. Technical support is the primary role for the job; however, other tasks will be assigned on need basis.
• Diploma in Building Technology (or similar education)
• A thorough understanding of window industry
Minimum 5 years of experience in building industry.
Your responsibilities will be varied as is typical for a role in a manufacturing company.
A partial list of the responsibilities is as follows:
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to organize and plan time efficiently.
• Analytical skills: ability to use common sense and reasoning.
• Assist sales and marketing department, including inside sales.
• Communicate with clients to discuss any technical / engineering issues and
provide recommendations as needed.
• Reviewing blueprints and Shop drawings
• Detail oriented
• Manage technical/engineering issues
• Coordinate product testing and NFRC certification
• Manage labelling requirements
• Assist with product development and plant testing
• As required, on-site attendance for testing or troubleshooting
• Document window parts and components, and performance limitations
• Document window manufacturing parts and processes, and update as required
• Produce, manage and revise material lists for all standard products
• Produce, manage and revise adjustment and installation guides
• Review productions sheets and glass orders to ensure accuracy prior to release
• Manage technical presentations
• Training and supervising installation crews on site.
• Coordination between on-site installers and production
• Site measurements.
• Assist in and coordinate on-site testing.
• Reliable vehicle and an excellent driving record
The position is available immediately.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining A-1 Window Mfg. Ltd.
Window & Door Installer – Carpenter
We have an immediate opening for a permanent and full-time position as a
Carpenter – Window and door installer.
This is a hands-on position that includes leading crews, training and installing.
Consideration will only be given to applicants with excellent communication skills, strong leadership skills and installation experience in the renovation window / door market.
5 years’ experience in the building industry.
A partial list of your initial responsibilities is as follows: (These may change as the work dictates)
Removal and disposal of old windows – without disturbing the building envelope
installing interior and exterior trim
working off scaffolding
Maintain a clean and safe job site at all times
The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check, must have a valid BC Driver’s License and provide a clean drivers’ abstract.
Salary will depend on experience, base range from $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 a year.
In addition to base salary, other benefits include a monthly car allowance, cellular phone with adequate airtime, computer for business use and
an option to participate in our extended health benefits program.
Please email resume with your cover letter .We would like to thank everyone for their application, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Please note, this is NOT a subcontractor position.
How to Apply: By email: firstname.lastname@example.org No Phone Calls Please